Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Mens shirt to baby art





I have finally finished some more canvass pieces with the mens shirts I purchased at that salvation army a while back. The pieces are comprised of some mixed media, acrylic paint, paper, buttons and fabric (mens shirts). I thought it was good timing since father's day is around the corner. When I saw the different blue striped blues I immediately pictured little blue birds. 

Piece one
Baby Blue Birds



Piece two 
Baby blue birds and friends






I also jazzed up a plain wood picture frame in keeping with the blue bird theme.


Inspiration came from my mom to do the second set of canvass pieces. She collects Elephants and has a true love for these amazing animals. So much so she found an organization that allows you to adopt a baby elephant in Africa. She adopted a little baby elephant for our peanut as a Christmas gift.

Piece 3 
Mama's elephant


Piece 4
Te Amo Elephant



4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! You have a real eye for quirky combos and different textures. I'm so impressed, woman! :)

    Also, I love that Nina has an elephant in Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend, that is such a compliment! Her elephant's name is Keibo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I think the first pink elephant one (the one with the hearts) should be adopted as your logo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute, n!! havent visited in a while, and stopped by to see all your creations! lovely!

    ReplyDelete